Self Directed IRA Investments in Real Estate
Few Americans realize that they have the option to Self Directed IRA Investments in Real Estate and other retirement plans into real estate, and that they can benefit from the tax advantages those plans provide. Self Directed IRA investments in Real Estate earn tax-deferred/tax-free profits.
Real Estate in IRAs
Historically, real estate has given many Americans a stable investment vehicle that provides both income and appreciation. One of the greatest tools available to real estate investors is government-sponsored retirement plans, such as IRAs and 401(k)s. Most investors believe that their only IRA investment options are bank CDs, the stock market, and mutual funds.
Few Americans realize that they have the option to alternative investments through a Self Directed IRA or other retirement plans such as a Self Directed 401k, and that they can benefit from the tax advantages those plans provide. Self Directed IRA investments in Real Estate earn tax-deferred/tax-free profits.
Imagine not having to pay taxes right away—or ever—on your real estate deals. Instead of paying 25%, or 30%, or even 50% of your profits to the government in taxes…you keep it.
Additional advantages of the real estate IRAs include:
- The power of compound interest
- A reduction of taxable income
- Asset protection
- Estate planning
If you’re a successful real estate investor, or if you’re just looking to diversify your retirement portfolio, the combination of real estate and your IRA can be very powerful. We have partnered with a Self Directed IRA consultant, Safeguard Advisors. They are an independent consultant who will guide you through the process of creating a checkbook controlled IRA or 401k. You will have the power to direct your investments quickly and with ease. You don’t have to deal with an investment directive form for each transaction, there are no transaction fees for funds being sent or received, and most importantly, your money grows tax-free. By partnering with Safeguard Advisors, there is a $200 discount you will receive on account setup by going through the link above.
No matter your level of expertise within Real Estate, one thing is for certain and that’s consistency in deal analysis. From analyzing rental properties, fix & flip’s, wholesale opportunities, or private lending, a repeatable process will make sure you’ve covered all aspects of the deal. I have relied on one software tool to aid in our Real Estate transactions and that is RehabValuator. It’s free to sign up and there is plenty of training and resources at your disposal.
SUPERCHARGE YOUR IRA WITH NOTES!
LEVERAGED GROWTH. PROTECTION AGAINST INFLATION AND MARKET VOLATILITY
Up and down stock market, measly savings returns, where do you put your IRA funds to get a great rate of return without the downside risks? Notes secured by real property may be your answer.
We’ve worked with many major self-directed IRA trust companies to help our investors unlock the potential of notes for their IRA accounts and we can help you too.
Depending on your strategy and investment activity, there are a number of Self Directed IRA companies to chose from. Below is a list of a few that I or our clients have worked with personally. The below companies are not a recommendation nor is Sage Notes LLC compensated in any way. This list is for informational purposes only and while not a full representation of all of the Self Directed companies in the marketplace, please be sure to vet any provider you decide to move forward with.
Some key questions to get answers to are account setup fees, transaction fees, investment process, annual account maintenance, and required reporting. This is not an exhaustive list of questions for your potential provider, but should assist you in narrowing down the provider of choice for your needs.
APPLY TO INVEST NOW
Apply Now To Invest With Us Today
Or Contact us to find out more info on how you can use your IRA funds to invest in notes.
THERE ARE AN ESTIMATED 9 MILLION NON-PERFORMING LOANS IN THE U.S. TODAY. GREAT NEWS FOR NOTE INVESTORS.
OUR EXISTING NOTE PROGRAM
What if a property could be purchased for 50% of it’s value? There might be pretty good potential for profit wouldn’t you agree?
That’s exactly the case with non-performing loans (NPL’s for short). Our program allows you to tap into this massive and highly profitable segment of the real estate industry. Using our expertise and management, we buy notes at steep discounts and are able to generate above average returns for our lenders.
WHY NON-PERFORMING LOANS
- Security – “I’m not so concerned about the return on investment as the return of my principle,” Warren Buffet. All notes are secured by the hard asset of the underlying real property with a 1st Trust Deed.
- Discount – We control assets for pennies on the dollar.
- Returns – Ask most financial planners and they say 8% is great. Great if you can get that year in, year out but not likely these days. Our lenders enjoy interest in the 6-8% range with their money hard at work throughout the year.
- Term – Shorter terms which can be as quick as 6 months and rarely longer than 36 months. Typical time frame, 12-24 months.
- Options – Notes provide multiple exit strategies such as loan modification, deed in lieu, foreclosure or resale of the note. Multiple options to maximize profit.
- Cash Flow – In some cases before the note investment exit has been reached, they will generate monthly cash flow from borrower mortgage payments or rental income.
- Market – RealtyTrac reported that more than 13% of all mortgages are under water. Commercial banks say they have $160 to $170 billion of distressed single-family assets on their books. Add in at least that much from FHA. The opportunity is very large.
- Barriers – Unlike buying a traditional brick and mortar investment property, note acquisition is not as easily accomplished. The good news is, unlike the flipper rush of the last real estate boom that eventually lead to shrinking inventory and investor profits, the higher barriers to entry in the note market will protect it from the heard mentality.
- Funding – Lenders can use funds from self-directed retirement accounts to grow their principal tax deferred or even tax free.
- Investing in Private Equity Real Estate Funds With Your Self-Directed IRA
- SEC Expands Access to Crowdfunding and Private Placements
- Choosing the Best Bank for your Checkbook IRA or Solo 401(k) Plan
- 10 Things to Know About Non-Recourse Loans
- Investing in Real Estate Debt Funds With Your Self-Directed IRA
Our Monthly E-zine
With Us Today
Important To Us
The material on this website is for the general information of our clients and visitors. This website does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or investment product, and may not be relied upon in connection with any offer or sale of securities. Nothing on this website is a recommendation that you purchase, sell or hold any security, or that you pursue any investment style or strategy. Nothing on this website is intended to be, and you should not consider anything on the website to be, investment, accounting, tax or legal advice.